Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My first blog

Hey --

It's my first blog! This is a project for 23 Things On a Stick -- A Library Learning 2.0 Project. It is a self-paced learning program designed to explore and become familiar with Web 2.0 tools. It is open to library staff throughout Minnesota. The near-term purpose of the blog is to document participation in each of the 23 items taught in the program. This is Thing 1 already. 1/23rd of the way done!

I have already learned a lot as I saved this as a draft and then couldn't figure out how to publish it -- simple, I know, but not so much for the uninitiated. I will be looking forward to posting some pictures and learning some other features.

I am using the trebuchet font bc 1) I like how it looks and 2) a friend made a giant trebuchet for his high school senior project. It was huge and looked dangerous, what with the ropes and the counterweights, etc., but somehow nobody was maimed or died and we had a lot of fun launching the late summer pumpkins, zucchini and year-old spaghetti squashes. Maybe I will post a picture of it (or of the hole in the shed roof courtesy of a bowling ball gone awry).

No comments: