Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thing 1 -- Blogging -- Library Ideas Part 1


I know, Part 1 implies there will be at least a Part 2, if not more, but I can't guarantee more parts. If I don't put down an idea when I have it, I may never find it again. So here's Part 1:

If lists of new books, especially by categories (e.g. mystery, historical fiction, etc.) were maintained on separate blogs by the library, patrons could keep track of new books without going directly to the blog by putting in an RSS feed to it on their personalized page (like My Yahoo! or iGoogle). Then every time they opened their personal page, the block containing that feed would show the most recently added books.

People could form a book club where each of them maintained a blog about the club books. Then they could each create a bookclub personal page where all of the blogs are received on the page as RSS feeds. This could result in some real-time style book discussions.

No comments: